Sunday, January 4, 2015

Teen transgender commits suicide

Another transgender teenager commits suicide in Ohio, USA.  

Leelah Alcorn (aka Joshua Ryan Alcorn), 17, was from Kings Mills, Ohio.  She was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer.  She left a suicide note in her Tumblr account and apologized to her close friends for what happened.

“My death needs to mean something,” she wrote. “My death needs to be counted in the number of transgender people who commit suicide this year. I want someone to look at that number and say ‘that’s f---ed up’ and fix it. Fix society. Please.”

This is a problem for LGBT teenagers.  They are bullied so much that they experience depression anxiety.  The situation is made worst by parents who are not supportive of their children.

Luckily I was not that bullied in high school. I tried my best to be "normal" and hide my homosexuality which drove me to depression.  Aside from that my being Catholic did not help.

I am not sure but I think I read in an article months ago that there is now a suicide hotline in Manila that you can call.

If you feel depressed or hopeless, talk to someone.  Never keep it to yourself.  From own experience, not talking to anyone worsens your depression.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/transgender-teen-leelah-alcorn-commits-suicide--leaves-behind-suicide-note---my-death-needs-to-mean-something-234758770.html

No comments: