Monday, January 27, 2014

A friends passing

I could not believe that I was attending my friends funeral.  He was buried yesterday afternoon.

A few weeks ago, my friend posted in his Facebook wall, a photo of himself in a hospital bed.  I did not realize that he was already seriously ill at that time.  I simply posted a generic message "get well soon".  Now I am regretting why I posted that message and did not really made some effort to know his true condition (he died of gallstones in his gallbladder).

When people were called to say their last words before he was buried, I could not muster the courage to go in front of everyone and say what was needed.  I could not find the right words to pay my last respects to a friend.

Hours after clearing my thoughts, I finally found what was needed to be said.  I know it is late but I hope this would suffice....Jesfer Tan wherever you are, THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity.  You are a good friend.  You will be missed by many.


No comments: