Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DiscreetBai Advocacy

Some people still ask me, do you have AIDS?  Are you a victim of gay swindling?  My answer to this is NO and NO.   You do not have to be a victim of swindling or be infected with HIV AIDS to be vocal on these issues.  So why do I care about these issues?

According to the Department of Health over 90% of the current HIV AIDS infection in the Philippines was due to sexual contact, mostly men having sex with men (MSM).  This will greatly affect the LGBT (Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community in which we are all part of it.  Sooner or later you will know someone infected by this virus and it will hit you hard.  Haya ka na dayon maka huna-huna bahin sa HIV AIDS kung imong kaila nagkasakit na aning kagaw.  Why wait for the disease to knock on your doorstep?  That is why we have to fight this disease together, by being responsible enough to practice safe sex.  Care for each other!  Do not spread the disease!


The issue on gay swindling has been going on for several years now.  I have my encounters with call boys before but at that time they were still respectful and honest.  Karon na unsa naman ni sila?  What happened?  I was already alarmed when every month I would hear people complain about these guys.  In fact, if I would estimate the number of people who complained in the old DiscreetBai Forum, GayRomeo and here in DiscreetBai.com it might reach around 50 people and more are still complaining.  This has to stop!  It will not only affect the LGBT community but the image of the City of Cagayan de Oro.  We are becoming known as a city of swindlers!  The City of Golden Swindlers!  Gusto ba ninyo nga ang Kagayanon mailahan nga swindler?  I have lived most of my life in Cagayan de Oro and I love the city so much that I do not want a small group of swindlers destroying the city's image.


I hope people following DiscreetBai.com would take up my advocacy against HIV AIDS and gay swindling in Cagayan de Oro.  I am only but one person, imagine if we all do our part in this community.  Together we can solve these problems!


 

No comments: